What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the aromatic liquids found within shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, resins, and seeds. These oils, also known as nature’s living energy, contain unique constituents that provide therapeutic results. Follow the guide below—along with the individual instructions on each label—to experience the amazing, health-promoting benefits of essential oils.
Notice: we only use Young Living products because they are tested and high quality. All of these tips are directly from Young Living. Any of the information on our site is not intended to cure any decease or medical condition. When people join as Young Living wholesale members through us, we provide a third-party educational package so you can learn to use essential oils safely. We do this so you can get trusted information immediately, and it is easy to start using essential oils in your daily life.
Inhaling certain essential oils heightens the senses and can have many positive effects on
the body. Try these ideas to use essential oils for inhalation:
• Inhale directly from the bottle.
• Diffuse with any of Young Living’s premium diffusers.
• Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Cover
your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
Many essential oils are safe to use directly on the skin:
• Place 2–3 drops of oil in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application
area. Massage the oil in a circular motion onto the skin. Repeat if desired.
• Use one of Young Living’s essential oil roll-ons or add an AromaGlide fitment to the
bottle of your favorite essential oil for targeted application.
CAUTION: Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, apply Young Living’s V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex or any pure vegetable oil to the area to dilute.
You can also use essential oils on VitaFlex points. VitaFlex points are points in your hands and feet that connect directly to organs and other parts of your body. They are also used in acupuncture and reflexology.
Some essential oils make excellent dietary supplements or food flavorings. To take
essential oils internally, try these tips:
• Place several drops into a gelatin capsule and swallow it with water.
• Add 1–2 drops to a glass of water, NingXia Red or other natural juice, or even yogurt.
• Add 1–2 drops (to taste) to your meals when cooking.
• Add 1–2 drops to a teaspoon of Young Living Yacon or Blue Agave and swallow.